Before we get to my ROW80 goals and progress, let’s do something fun.
In honor of The Hunger Games movie: Find out what district you belong to and get your registration card HERE. May the odds be ever in your favor.
I’m District 5:
- Writing routine: On the days my son goes to preschool, it’s pretty easy to get some wordage in the morning hours. On days he’s not in school, it’s much tougher. So my routine will have to be adjusted for school days vs. non-school days vs. weekends.
- Writing everyday: Check! I’m liking this no-pressure approach. Just write everyday, no specific word count goals. Because honestly–some days are 1000+ and some days aren’t. But it all moves forward.
- Reading: Have not picked up a new book on craft yet. Though a long time ago I bought The First Five Pages by Noah Lukeman and I never read the entire thing. So, I’ll probably get going on that again soon. As for YA books, I’m reading Guantanamo Boy by Anna Perera.
- Connect more: I’ve made it to more blogs this last week, but getting on Twitter is hard. Have you all seen Sonia’s post aboutblog fatigue? And Roni’s post about blogging and social media platforms? I’m totally agreeing with them both right now (and feel a bit like shouting “Amen!”).
- Reviewing for The YA Curator: I’ll have one review coming up next week. And I’m in the midst of reading another book I’ll probably review a few weeks after that.
So, not bad, really. Although, as you can guess, I spend pretty much all of my time reading or writing these days. Which isn’t a bad thing at all. Though hopefully I don’t get burnt out.
How are my fellow participants doing this week? What’s your Hunger Games district?